In October, 2020 when trick or treating was shut down due to the pandemic we went to our favorite place, Bakers Cay Resort in Key Largo Fl. This Curio Collection by Hilton resort is beachside paradise. There’s so much to do and we knew they would throw a great and safe Halloween weekend for us and the kids. See how we created our Wreck-it ralph family costume for this Halloween vacation.
We won 1st place
Our Wreck-it Ralph family costume won 1st place in the family costume contest at the resort! We beat out a family that was decked head to toe as Disney Prince and Princesses. The prize was an amazing 2 night stay!
How we made it
Wreck-it Ralph is such a fun and easy Halloween costume for a family or even individuals. Our winning costumes were a mixture of DIY and store bought. We like to craft and DIY but also need convenience to mix in store bought costumes. Here’s how we made our costumes with links so you can directly buy the goods:
Wreck-it Ralph Costume
Here’s what you need for DIY Wreck-it Ralph halloween costume:
- Tan overalls
- Wreck it Ralph wig: we bought a wig like this but trimmed it more like Ralph.
- Orange T-Shirt: I cut in the V in the neck and sewed in a green shirt behind it. Even sewed in 3 button’s like Ralph.
Vanellope Von Schweetz Costume
Here’s what you need for Vanellope Von Schweetz halloween costume:
- Vanellope Von Schweetz kids costume – this came with a wig but it was terrible. We stuck with Wynn’s real hair.
- Candy barrettes or DIY option: I actually made mine own by purchases these candies and hot glued them to hair clips I already owned.
Fix-it Felix Costume
Here’s what you need for DIY Fix-it Felix halloween costume:
- Denim Shorts
- Button down denim shirt – I like to buy items that can be reused and this is cute!
- Tool belt
- DIY Fix-it Felix hat – I purchased this blue hat and then cut out the logo with craft felt and hot glued it.
- DIY Fix-it Felix golden hammer – you’ll need gold spray paint and this wooden mallet.
- DIY Felix name tag – I hand wrote on blue card stock with a whiteout pen and glued it to a pin.
Here’s what you need for Sergeant Calhoun halloween costume:
- Sergeant Calhoun costume – we actually bought a SWAT costume for boys which worked perfect. He didn’t need any other props.
The best halloween vacation for families
Bakers Cay Resort Key Largo has so many fun activities daily but on Halloween they do it up! The kids were able to trick-or-treat throughout the resort, restaurant and bars. They set up a pumpkin patch where you could carve your own pumpkin. Movie nights are a standard there with unlimited popcorn and candy under the stars. That weekend they spooked it up with showing Hocus Pocus.
See our full review of Bakers Cay Resort and why we love it so much!